The Army Experience
Hey guys...how many months till ORD?
I have another 10 months...
Ah...time seems to be passing faster these days...increased training tempo...overseas missions...supporting battalion-level exercises and ICTs...at least we don't have to sit in the bunk everyday waiting for ORD...That would be a dreary and meaningless existence...
I really enjoy the army experience...it's rather happening...Life last year was so low-key and quiet...really made all of us wish for more excitement. Outfield missions are simply great for bonding and learning...I've come to realise the truth behind the line," there is no tekan in life...only learning." I've also appreciated the times I got to observe the different landscapes of our country from a different perspective...I've always thought that we were a very urbanised and metropolitan City-state...until the army gave me the chance to go to places like Area A...Lim Chu Kang...Pulau Sudong and Sungei Gedong...
Made many new friends too...people whom i would probably never get a chance to talk to in civilian life...Really glad that I could interact with such a broad spectrum of people...
Having said that...i am still eager looking forward to my ORD...because it would imbue my army stint with a sense of finality...however, i am definitely gonna miss the camaraderie...the lifestyle of a soldier and the respect that you earn when you serve...
10 more months to ORD!

1 Comments:
are you for real?
Post a Comment
<< Home